First Project Proposal

My first project I want to incorporate footage from me scuba diving around the world to show the beauty of our oceans.  A lot of the footage I have is from protected areas in Florida, the Mediterranean Sea and the Red Sea.  Many of these places have trash like one use plastic which is very dangerous not only for the sea life, but also us.  Ever since I got scuba certified I would go on clean up dives to pick up trash like plastic cutlery, shopping bags and other garbage.  The fact that there is so much trash in the ocean truly upsets me.

I would like to project the videos I have onto different kind of blue glassware which are inside clear plastic bags or even clear containers.  for me putting these glasses into something plastic symbolizes the suffocation that happens when sea life eats or is in contact with these different objects.  Much like how we were told not to put a plastic bag over our heads when we were kids the fact that we would through them into our oceans is like suffocating 75% of our planet.

Comments

Popular Posts