Artist Statement 2

This piece is some what of an ASMR type project where you watch paint move around a canvas.  I Projected the paintings onto my bedroom wall.  This was like having a digital painting being made over and over.  This idea that watching paint move can entice your mind with all different colors.  The project engulfs the wall with so many different colors.  I also decided to project it over my bed to symbolize a projection of someones inner thoughts during dreaming.

I chose to make paintings as a performance because if you have ever walked through the streets of New York City you can see people making spray painting art drawings.  I wanted to put my own little spin on it and make fluid art as a performance.  I know that watching someone make art can be interesting so thats why I chose to do what I did.

Comments

Popular Posts