Artist Statement Project 4

With my final project I wanted to combine my first two projects a way that it shows the beauty of scuba diving and also play with the fluid look of the paintings I make.  Along with just projecting beautiful fish and color on the painting I took videos of the surface from about thirty feet underwater. I want the viewers to feel like they are also underwater.

The idea of full immersion I found interesting because the human brain will take the information that is around it and try to make sense of it and full immersion can make your brain feel as if it is in a different place when surrounded by videos or pictures.  In reality I want this piece to be a very peaceful experience.

Instructions For Set Up

  1. Open Projector box
  2. Take the projector out and connect the wires to the ports
  3. Open Computer
  4. Connect cord to computer
  5. Plug the projector into an outlet
  6. turn on projector with the power button on the top of the projector
  7. Open MadMapper program on the computer
  8. Take stand holding painting and put it in place where it has been marked on floor
  9. Position project so videos line up with the space
  10. turn lights off to make videos show up better
  11. Enter and enjoy

Comments

Popular Posts